I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Ellyn from allonsythornraxx so thanks! I love answering the questions in tags like this but I really don’t like coming up with questions of my own… it’s such a struggle.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
01 Do you listen to audiobooks?
Yes, I love audiobooks. I don’t listen to a heap because people tend to respect my reading time more when I am holding a physical book than when I have headphones in. Plus I read a lot on the train and often the times I am taking the train there are a bunch of other people there so it’s difficult to hear the audiobook over the noise.
I find audiobooks super useful for multitasking (which is one of my favorite things) so I tend to listen to them while cleaning and walking places. I also really love listening to them around my exam times because it helps me to block out the stress, and while I am falling asleep. Basically I love audiobooks.
02 Do you structure your bookshelves? (genre, colour, author…etc)
I structure my bookshelves based on a system that makes sense to me but probably not to anyone else. My lower shelf has non fiction books like autobiographies and encyclopedias, it also has some more middle grade books, so basically the books I don’t read much.
My top few shelves have non bookish things (for now) because I don’t have enough books to fill the whole space. I have a shelf purely for books I haven’t read yet because it is helpful to see them quickly.
The rest of my books are just organised based on author, but not alphabetically by author, more like grouped based on which authors I like or feel like they fit together. So I have all my Percy Jackson books next to my Red Rising books and my Illuminae books. I have my Throne of Glass series next to The Lunar Chronicles. I have my Obernewtyn Chronicles next to my Keeper of the Lost Cities.
03 How do you feel about comics and graphic novels?
I haven’t read any comics or graphic novels apart from one version of Fahrenheit 451 that I had to read for school. I didn’t really like it.
I do like the idea of them, I just don’t know where to buy/find them. I have heard some people talk about them and they sound really interesting.
04 Unpopular opinion! Which popular book or series don’t you like?
I actually did a whole post on this just a little while ago so you can go read about all the books I consider overhyped books. The biggest one that I think is going to offend a bunch of people is The Book Thief. I didn’t not like it, but I wasn’t super excited or interested by it and I found the narration style annoying.
05 Summarise your last read in 5 words.
My last read was Six of Crows soo…..
Sorry, I am really bad at describing things.
06 Do you participate in readathons?
I would love to, but most of them happen during my school term and I am in my last year of high school (which still sounds crazy to say) so really can’t. I am also really bad at committing to one thing for a whole week.
I want to, eventually…
07 Do you snack while reading?
I don’t. And I don’t understand how people can?
08 Where do you like to read?
I like reading on the train and in the car, just being in a space and not having to move and having no reason to feel guilty about reading for hours. I also love reading in my hammock in my backyard, and in my bed.
09 Apples or Oranges?
Apples, but only the green ones. I like oranges quite a bit too, but they tend to get caught in my teeth.
10 Recommend a diverse read!
Looking through the books I’ve been reading recently not as many of them are diverse as I thought were. I really need to get on top of that.
11 Spread the love! Which blogs have you followed recently?
I have recently followed
- Maggie from The Caramel Files
- Simant from Flipping Thru the Pages
- Phannie from Phannie the Ginger Bookworm
- Lindsay from Singer of Stories
- Lori from Reading with Lori
- Fernanda from The Wanderlust Reader
- Vrinda from A Bookish Human
- Erin from Bluestocking Bookworm
- Sarah from Book Hooked Nook
- What are some TV shows or movies that you would recommend
- For each of the shows or movies you listed above recommendation a similar book
- Do you have any reading habits? (like reading with candles or in the bath etc)
- What is the last book you went to a bookshop and bought?
- Do you tend to reread books?
- Do you use goodreads? If so how do you use it?
- What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
- What are your favorite fantasy/sci-fi diverse reads?
- What are some of your least favorite book covers?
- Do you annotate or tab your books? If so how? (I am considering doing this myself)
- Who are some characters you relate to?