I was tagged to do this in October by Little Fox and Reads, thanks so much and I’m sorry it took me so long to get to it. I’ve been super busy so it’s nice to have a post that doesn’t require so much research or heavy writing.
If you’re looking for a post with actual bookish relevance this probably isn’t it, but if you want to get to know me a bit better then this is the post for you!
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer the previous person’s questions
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share your link to your best post(s)
three things about me:
- I am currently in my last year of high school and as of the moment I plan to study a bachelor of science at university majoring in genetics then continuing with a masters in genetic counselling. Although honestly it might change, I’ve wanted to be an event manager, a city planner and a speech pathologist all within the course of the past two years.
- I get quite bad anxiety from going to the cinema. It doesn’t happen to me regularly in any other scenario but every time I step foot in or plan to go to the movies I get light headed and feel like I’m going to throw up. I haven’t been officially diagnosed just because it doesn’t interfere with my life much, I just wait until the movie comes out on DVD.
- I struggle with going to sleep quite a lot, I always have ever since I was really young. I’ve tried relaxation techniques like meditation and I’ve tried drugs to get you to sleep faster and easier but my mind just keeps thinking and stops me from falling asleep. There are nights when I lie awake for two or three hours before falling asleep.
questions from little fox and reads
What’s your favorite book of the year so far?
There are just too many! Either The Raven King, Crooked Kingdom or The Sun is Also A Star. They were all amazing.
What’s one trope you’d kill with fire?
Umm probably the “shy and innocent girl who is very talented and beautiful” because it is so over used in YA. It seems like most of the protagonists aren’t very popular and only have a few friends, are pretty insecure and are secretly really amazing. It’s a bit too much.
If one book could be adopted into a movie/TV series (a good one), which would you want it to be?
Well The Raven Cycle is being made into a TV show and I have my fingers crossed that it will be amazing so if I can use up my “good tv show card” on something then it would be that. I have super high hopes, but at the same time I am willing to give the tv show a lot of freedom to change things as long as the tone stays the same.
However if I had to choose something I doubt will ever be made into a tv show or movie then my all time favorite series, the Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody would make a pretty epic tv show if I’m honest. It just too many characters and some parts are a bit boring with a lot of inner contemplation.
What’s your favorite non-canon ship?
Hmmm this is an interesting question because I don’t tend to ship non canon ships much. At least not ones that aren’t likely to happen because I don’t want to believe it unless it might actually happen. I genuinely can’t think of anything, I am usually pretty good at guessing which ships will become canon and jumping onto them.
I guess in Throne of Glass I really don’t like Rowan, but I think that with the way the characters have developed neither Chaol or Dorian would be good matches anymore. And the Keeper of the Lost Cities series are yet to make any of the ships canon. I feel like Fitz and Sophie are endgame but I prefer Dex and Keefe far more as characters, and honestly I would prefer if she ended up alone because she’s like 14 and she’s immortal now sooo.
Which authors do you want to see collab? And what type of book/ premise/ setting/ would you like to see them work on?
Oohhhh I would love to see Shannon Messenger team up with Marissa Meyer. I think they would have a really interesting combination. I would like to see Marissa Meyer’s skill with fairytale retellings combined with Shannon Messengers amazing world building of urban fantasies to make some sort of mermaid story or a retelling of the twelve dancing princesses. They both have really strong characters too so I think that could be amazing.
I really hate nominating people because I always feel like I’ve forgotten someone so if you’re looking for a tag to do then you’re nominated. Answer the questions I’ve provided and link back to my post.
I’m going to steal one of Adri’s questions because it was a really good one:
- Which authors do you want to see collab? And what type of book/ premise/ setting/ would you like to see them work on?
- Which genre would you pick to be the next BIG genre trend? It doesn’t have to be a large genre or even a real genre as long as you can provide some examples.
- What do you think would make great Christmas presents for your favorite characters?
- What is a trope you can’t get enough of?
- What is your favorite weather to read in?