I was nominated for this award ages ago by Sydney over at Sydney’s Shelves. I am super excited to do this tag, especially because it is easy and I am currently in the grip of nanowrimo!!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the reward and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
now onto the questions
1. What are some of your favorite movies?
I don’t watch a lot of movies, I am a lot more likely to be watching tv shows because they let me get more attached to the characters. I tend to like movies that remind me of happy times, that matters far more to me than the contents of the movie.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- The Harry Potter movies (Prisoner of Azkaban is probably my fav)
2. Do you watch adult cartoons? If so, what are some of your favorites?
I don’t think I watch adult cartoons, but I watch some that I would consider aimed at wider audiences than just kids. I really loved Gravity Falls and Miraculous Ladybug which I would highly recommend. Here’s my short synopsis:
Gravity Falls: twin siblings Mabel and Dipper Pines spend the summer with their great uncle Stan in a small town called Gravity Falls. This town is a bit weirder than they expected with some strange supernatural things going on. The twins investigate the weird occurrences while making friends with people around the town.
Miraculous Ladybug: Marinette is a normal girl, but she has a secret! She is also the superhero Ladybug who along with her sidekick Chat Noir helps save the streets of Paris from evil. This show is slightly fantastical and definitely aimed at kids because it is a bit typical but it is adorable and features really awesome characters. She’s a female superhero who’s actually taken seriously!!
3. What is a weird bookish habit you have?
I don’t think I have any especially weird bookish habits. Except maybe that I often read multiple books at once, usually I am in the middle of reading three books. Often this is because the books are in different formats, like one is an ebook and another is a hardcover I don’t want to carry around places, or sometimes it’s because I have a deadline for one of the books like its due back at the library.
Another thing that could be considered strange is that I struggle to read just for the sake of it. I am all about efficiency so if I can read while doing something else I am much more inclined to do so. Examples include: reading while on the train/bus, listening to audiobooks while doing chores, reading while on exercise machines etc.
4. How do you keep track of your thoughts when reading a book? Like for reviews and such.
I use goodreads to add my thoughts when I am updating my status, and if I have anything especially pressing I will write it down somewhere, but mainly I just remember my thoughts. It does become a bit of a problem when it has taken me ages to read a book, or it is a long/complicated book but mostly it works just fine.
I also find that reading other people’s reviews of the book can remind me of certain aspects I forgot to talk about. I tend to read reviews of the book after I have written my own review and I often find myself going back to add more details because I have been reminded of something I didn’t talk about… I probably need a better system haha.
5. Do you have bookish merch? What are some of your favorite shops? And do you use the stuff you buy?
I don’t have any bookish merch. I am not really one to buy merch. Other than a few Doctor Who posters I don’t think I really have any. I tend to only get attached to a series for a short amount of time do it doesn’t feel worth it, although I am really tempted to buy some The Raven Cycle merch because I LOVE that series.
6. Favorite beverage. For reading or for just life?
I don’t think you can ever beat the hydrating powers of water. Although I do enjoy a good hot chocolate when it’s cold.
7. What distracts you the most from reading?
The thing that stops me from reading the most is definitely school work, however the thing that distracts me is kind of different. I guess TV would be a big distraction. When I want some down time reading and TV are the two things I turn to so there are definitely times when I choose tv over books.
I tend to do a lot of my reading when I am taking the train to school and during that time I am often sitting near others from my school so conversation happens and before I know it I’ve read nothing. That is another distraction, sometimes it’s nice to talk to people but other times it gets annoying.
8. Best book you read in the past three months?
In the past little while I have finished two books that are making my best books of this year list, or possibly even my best books ever list, so I am going to talk about both of them. Those books are: The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater and Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo.
The Raven King was absolutely amazing and it left me feeling so happy and excited. I am still so invested in that series (which is weird because I tend to move on pretty quickly from series once I have finished them). I have fangirled about this series to basically anyone who would listen and every time I do I am tempted to do a full reread…
Crooked Kingdom was really good. I did enjoy Six of Crows (and still rated it 5 stars) but I feel like the hype made me expect something more. But Crooked Kingdom… wow! I was so impressed at all the twists and turns and the character development. It was an incredibly clever book.
9. What are some of your favorite foods/meals?
I really like pizza and chicken nuggets, not together, but you get what I mean haha.
10. What are some fictional characters you wish you were friends with?
- The gang from The Raven Cycle, specifically I feel like I would get along well with Gansey and Henry
- The group from The Lunar Chronicles, specifically Cinder because she is so clever, Thorne because he is so funny, and Kai and Cress because they are so nice
- Dex from the Keeper of the Lost Cities series because he is an amazing friend, and also Keefe because he is one of my favorite pranksters out there
- Dameon from the Obernewyn Chronicles, my all time fav series, obviously I want to be friends with the other characters too but Dameon is so friendly and loving that I want to be his friend more than the others
11. What are 5 things you are grateful for?
I kind of need this question right now.
- My dog, Holly who is such a joy to be around and always gets me in a good mood.
- The great friends I have made in high school, I don’t know what I will do without them and I am quite scared to find out.
- I’ve had two full nights of sleep following three days of really bad sleep. Now I feel rested which is so nice.
- The extent of opportunities available to me. I can do basically anything I set my mind to and although that is scary at times it is something I am incredibly lucky to have.
- I don’t find school difficult, I’m in my final year of high school and some of my friends are really starting to struggle whereas I am putting in a lot less effort and still doing better. I feel guilty, but I am so glad.
- What is your favorite book cover on your shelf?
- What hours of the day do you do the most reading?
- Which book world do you wish you could live in and why?
- Which book was very different to your expectations of it? (positive or negative)
- What are some things you wish there were more books about? (the more specific the better)
- Where do you go after finishing a really amazing book (e.g. twitter, a friend…)
- Which book took you the longest to read?
- What TV shows are you currently watching?
- Where do you feel most at peace?
- What’s one good thing that happened in your day?
- Which 3 books do you plan to read next?
- Adri from Little Fox and Reads
- Linda from Linda’s Little Library
- Dora from Berries and Books
- Maggie from The Caramel Files
- Andrea from Books for Muse
- Phannie from Phannie the Ginger Bookworm
- Paige from Books And Belle
- Jordan from The Bookish Baker
- Lori from Reading With Lori
- Vrinda from A Bookish Human
- Fernanda from The Wunderlust Reader