This is a bit of an odd post. I have decided to introduce a co-blogger due to the large amount of homework I have. This way I can keep posting at the same regularity. So without any further ado… here she is:
Hi I’m Ella and I am going to be a co author to this account.
I have been Emma’s writing buddy since July last year when we met through Camp NaNoWriMo. I’m really excited to become a part of this blog and hope that it wont be the same as the blog/account which is probably linked on here somewhere? (I don’t know how this stuff works) that I am using currently. As for what is on there, it is a blog that I started last year and finished after two posts, so don’t even bother to look at it. Or if you are interested in my demise or how not to become a blogger, do so :). Perhaps I will start to post on there again but we will have to see. I will be posting on this account every Thursday on various things, like writing and books. Here are a few things about me :)
I am currently a student that lives in Sydney Australia. I have two older siblings and am originally from Ireland. I love Reading and Writing (of course). I enjoy writing books that contain either Sci-fi, Dystopian or Contemporary elements and I like reading books that have basically the same genres that I like to write as well as the addition of fantasy and historical fiction.
My Current/Past Writing Projects:
Before camps and stuff I wrote pathetic books for teens/kids. You don’t want to hear about them. Trust Me.
Camp NaNoWriMo July 2016 Synopsis:
The city of Redian is categorised into 3 states. At the age of 18, all citizens of Redian have to participate in an intelligence analysing test to see which state they belong in. No one was ready for the result Reagan receives. Struck with a choice that changes her life forever, she is cut off from everything she loves. In a new unpredictable world faced with so much uncertainty and terror, Reagan is trapped in secrets, lies and a deadly plot.
All I remember about this is that it had way too many plot holes, 10,000 words deleted and I cried about it…
NaNoWriMo 2016 Synopsis:
In a civilisation dominated by war, three challenges testing physical ability, mental capacity and the final one, a battle against your peers are conducted. At the end only five 16-25 year olds are supposed to be left. These will be the challengers, the leaders of the war against Mars and its civilisations, who were once earth’s. But Nick, a boy of seventeen enters the challenges illegally with plans to be able, once and for all, avenge his father’s death.
I quite liked this one but right now I cant be even bothered to look through it.
Current (Camp NaNoWriMo April 2017): Untitled, it is right now just a muddle of ideas. Basically something to do with Assassins, something to do with Sci-fi, it is based on Mars with the MC ‘s name being Kyra (sorry emma ahaha). My pinterest board might give you some idea https://au.pinterest.com/ellafahy1/nanowrimo-2017/.
Future July Camp NaNoWriMo 2017: I am likely to be doing a rewrite of my novel from April Camp or NaNoWriMo 2016 depending on which one I like better lol
I am currently reading:
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff- loving it so far
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak- THE WRITING OMGGGG
I just finished:
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber… I might possibly post a rant on that, I hated it so much you don’t even understand
- Morning Star (love of my life)
- EVE The Awakening by Jenna Moreci (Reread) it still sucked btw even though I love her Youtube channel
- Pole to Pole by Pat Farmer- Most inspirational biography
Currently on my TBR list:
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marrissa Meyer
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- The Shiver Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu
- The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
- Iron Gold by Pierce Brown
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
- Throne Of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
My Favourite Books/Series of All Time:
- The Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown (god I am so happy emma recommended it to me!!!)- such a complex and clever plot
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins- Still in loveeeeeee
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- it just inspired me so much to get into writing
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling (At the time of reading)- Throughout Year 2 to Year5/6 or something I reread this series 22 times. Yes I don’t know why. I was simply obsessed and I wouldn’t change a thing as this helped to craft my love for reading.
My Least favourite Books/Series (This is so harddd):
- Frayed by Kara Terzis- I just did not like this book.
- The Girl Online series by Zoe Sugg – read those for the lols ahah, the most cringe and cliche thing ever.
- Just because I am still annoyed about it… Caraval by Stephanie Garber. One word: Overhyped.
- EVE the Awakening by Jenna Moreci- It sounded like a first draft.
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Nevin- I am sorry ok, I know how many people worshipped this book. Yet I just didn’t find it at all an interesting read, I thought that it was very cliche, romanticised mental illness and was a rip off for the fault in our stars (Except with mental illness rather then physical) but I liked the author’s premise for writing it.
Comment down below what you would like me to post about and get excited hahah xx