just a note: I didn’t do much this month, school has been super busy for me so that has had to be my focus. Despite reading ten books in January I only read half that this month – although this still means I am on track for my goodreads reading goal of one hundred books this year.
Books I Planned to Read
And additionally some school books that I actually discovered I don’t need to read until later in the year:
- A Good Scent From A Strange Mountain
- The Joy Luck Club
- The Turning
Books I Actually Read
Yeah so there have only been five of these but I want to just give a quick explanation of why. Firstly I have been back at school and year eleven has been crazy, and the main time I read is the half hour train trip to school. Unfortunately a lot of this time I have been studying or talking with friends so not so much reading has happened. Unfortunately the time I got three out of the five books read was while on camp. The other three weeks…. yeah I got two books read that whole time. So here’s the list.
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad – three stars
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (my review) – five stars
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer – five stars
- Cress by Marissa Meyer – five stars
- Heir of Thunder by Karissa Laurel – three stars
I do have reviews for the other books coming soon.
currently reading – The Other Slipper by Kenechi Udogu (really liking it so far)
My TBR for March
We’ll see how many books I end up reading in March but here’s my list of books I am considering. Also I am going away for a weekend and although I will probably end up doing a lot of school work then I’ve bolded the books I plan to bring.
- Books Bumped from February’s TBR (these are all books I own so I really should)
- Books I Am Adding
- The Hate You Give (I plan to buy this tomorrow)
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue (I started this in January but didn’t get far through before the audio book I borrowed from the library expired)
- The Raven King
- The Magician’s Workshop by Christopher Hansen
- Cursed Child (yehhh…. still haven’t read this even though it is on my shelf)
- The Inquisition
- Mansfield Park
- Sense and Sensibility
- Books I have to read for school
- A Doll’s House
- How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents
Books I Bought
I have legit bought so many books this year… so here’s a summary of the books I have bought
- Red Rising
- Golden Son
Yeah so I got no writing done this month. It’s kind of sad really because I had a lot of inspiration when I got home from my camp. Oh wait… I actually did a bit more outlining and scene planning the weekend after I got back. So that’s one step in the right direction. I do plan to continue writing this book in Camp Nanowrimo in April and I do have holidays then so writing is much more possible.
I had a really good blogging month, I managed to post really consistently. Here are some of my favorite posts of this month:
- What to Read??? An Age Old Question
- Why Writing is Hard
- Physical Books, Ebooks and Audio Books – Discussion
Here are all the reviews I wrote:
So that’s a summary… I am kind of happy with how I have done… also I just want to have a quick celebration with all those people still reading – in January and February combined I have got the same amount of view as I got in the whole of twenty sixteen…. that is a major accomplishment.