I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award a bit over a week ago (I forgot I had this post in my drafts) (sorry I am super disorganized at the moment – technical trouble means I lost my schedule) but anyway…
Thank You To Bella (from Bella Blogs Because Books)
for nominating me, here’s how it works.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. How many times do you check your blog per day?
It kind of depends, but this a really interesting question. Probably far more than I should, when I am at home and have time like five or six times spread out through the day. When I am at school or super busy maybe one, maybe three. I just like checking regularly so I can be sure there are no comments I need to reply to or anything.
2. Beach or mountains?
Grr this is honestly a hard question. I like the sea breeze but I love the snow and the alpine plants. Plus the two places my family holidays to most often are by the sea or in the mountains. I think in general I pick beach, but specific to the locations I often go I pick mountains.
3. Which character is your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Is it horrible of me to say I don’t really have one? Not a long term one at any rate, I get attached to a character in the book I am reading but once I finish the book or series they get replaced pretty fast. Currently I’d say Prince Kai from the Lunar Chronicles.
4. What good qualities do all of your favorite books share?
Damn Bella these are all such good questions. I think a lot of my my favorite books have really well developed characters and magical elements, and a really clever or intriguing plot. But that seems kind of generic… I can’t really pin point one factor.
5. Where is your favorite place to read?
I love reading on holiday at the beach, it feels like there is no rush and I can just stay there all day. However a more common/practical place that I like to read is on the train. I do most of my reading there and it is so comforting to me to start my day by reading for half an hour on the train.
6. Which is your least favorite character of all time and why?
My least favorite characters are probably the most unmemorable ones, thus I can’t remember them. It’s generally pretty difficult to get me to hate a character unless they’re the ones you’re meant to hate – the villains. My most hated villain would probably be Queen Levana from the Lunar Chronicles but she does her job so well so I do like her.
7. What is a random fun fact about you?
Hmm well I play the drums – in fact I have done so for five or six years now which is lots of fun.
8. Do you have any pets?
Yes, I have a dog called Holly who is half beagle and half cavalier king charles spaniel. I would post a picture but I can’t be bothered to take one and I don’t have any on my laptop due to the abundance of technical problems I am experiencing.
9. How often do you visit the library?
I used to go like every month but now I don’t go much except for studying… my school library I go to a lot though and I guess that counts. It has quite a lot of YA novels. A lot of the times I go there for free periods, to borrow books for assignments or classes and to play card games with friends but I do borrow books there quite frequently too.
10. What is your favorite bookstore?
Hmm well I like Dymocks which is an Australian book store, and I quite like Kinokuniya. I also really like Book Depository and my local second hand book store. I don’t think I can not like a book store.
11. Talk about the first book that comes to mind.
And now I have read this my mind has gone blank. Ok well The Three Doors trilogy by Emily Rodda is pretty awesome, I read that series so much when I was younger because it is so clever and the characters and setting are really well developed.
My 11 Nominees
- Louise from Foxes and Fairy Tales
- Adri from Adri the Bookworm
- Zoe from The Word Wanderer
- Beth from Reading Every Night
- Alicia from A Kernel of Nonsense
- Lu from Lu Reads
- Susan from Susan Loves Books
- Jessica from Novel Cravings
- Jared from DA Book Club
- Mahriya from My Bookish Life (I couldn’t find a name unfortunately)
- Meia from The Book Nightingale
Also does anyone know if they are automatically contacted if I link them or….?
My 11 Questions
- How many days in advance do you usually write blog posts?
- How would you say being a blogger has influenced your opinion of books?
- What hobbies do you have that aren’t book/writing related?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- If you could go on holidays to a location in any novel where would it be?
- What is your favorite book you have had to read for school?
- What is one weird thing you do while reading?
- Which book character do you wish you were (more) similar to?
- What are some of your OTPs?
- If you could see one book (or series) be made into a TV show or movie which would it be (feel free to include dream casts or soundtracks)
- What is one book you read when you were younger that is still important to you now?
Also I’m sorry this post was like ten hours late, I am having a lot going at school so I may miss a few blog posts every so often.